YUDHOYONO AND OBAMA
Former 'Baywatch' star Pamela Anderson has donated $25,000, from a Playboy cover shoot, to a charity that helps disaster victims in Indonesia.
Her offer of help has been criticised by members of Indonesia's Islamic Defenders Front (FPI). (FPI Snubs Playboy Model Pamela Anderson's Disaster Aid)
Jakarta street scene.
The FPI is a 'fascist mafia' reportedly set up by American trained Indonesian generals.
According to Jason Burke, in The Observer, 20 October 2002 01:
The Islamic Defenders Front, FPI, "was set up with the active connivance of the military authorities to combat pro-democracy demonstrators.
"Many say the FPI is allowed to raid clubs, brothels and bars to scare owners into giving the police protection money."
What's happening in the country with the 4th largest population in the world?
Obama visits his former home, Indonesia, in November 2010.
Obama knows that he is not wildly popular in the USA or in Indonesia.
Or in India, where David Headley helped plan the Mumbai attacks of 2008.
Obama is also to visit India, where a former Indian ambassador, MK Bhadrakumar, says:
"The speculation gaining respectability in Delhi is that Washington knew in advance about the Mumbai attack and deliberately chose not to pass the details to Delhi."
That would, he says, "reveal the links between the CIA-ISI and Lashkar e Taiba".
Yudhoyono knows that the CIA and its friends can bomb Indonesia and destabilise its economy.
So Yudhoyono has to be careful when it comes to relationships with China, Russia or Iran, for example.President Yudhoyono
On 21 October 2010, The Economist, which is generally pro-Israel and pro-Pentagon, refers to Indonesian President SB Yudhoyono's feet of clay
The Economist refers to charges that President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono is a "mild-mannered ditherer."
(In fact Yudhoyono is a former top Suharto general, trained in the USA.
Yudhoyono knows that the CIA toppled Indonesian presidents Sukarno and Suharto.
Yudhoyono is aware that all the militant Moslem groups, such as Jemaah Islamiah, are run by the American trained Indonesian military.
Former president Abdurrahman Wahid said "There is not a single Islamic group ... that is not controlled by (Indonesian) intelligence.") (THE CLASSIC MOSLEM CLERIC)
The Economist points out the good and the bad about Indonesia under President Yudhoyono:
1. Under his presidency, Indonesia has become a success story.
2. Yudhoyono has declared a two-year moratorium on large-scale clearance of Indonesia's rainforests, from January 2011.
3. The public finances are sound.
4. The economy has sailed through the financial crisis.
5. In 2010 the growth rate is likely to be close to 6%.
BUT (SBY's feet of clay),
1. Indonesia is underperforming and needs to spend more on infrastructure, education and health.
(It also needs to get the rich to start paying their taxes. And it needs to win the Battle Against Graft - Aangirfan)
2. An Indonesian mother is over three times more likely to die in childbirth than a Vietnamese mother.
And her child is nearly three times more likely to die before the age of five.
3. Yudhoyono's government has not closed down the "Islamic Defenders' Front", or FPI, a group of thugs.
4. The (American trained) military, which has allegedly behaved badly in East Timor and Aceh, is now also behaving badly in Papua, allegedly.
No top military guys have been convicted for abuses carried out under Suharto or since. (The military still runs the country - Aangirfan)
5. Some of the bad guys caught by the anti-corruption commission, the KPK, have been freed early from their (luxurious) jail cells.
They include the father of Mr Yudhoyono’s daughter-in-law.
6. No action has been taken against those in the police and the attorney-general’s office found to have faked evidence in a witch-hunt against KPK officials, in 2009.
When Yudhoyono meets Obama, both will be aware that Indonesians generally like to keep conversation pleasant, relaxed and friendly. Only under great stress do Indonesians run amok.
Obama must avoid big boobs in Indonesia.
The Biggest Moslem Country in the World
Indonesia and Pornography; Classic New World Order State